12 Ways To Raise Awareness for Lupus
May is Lupus Awareness Month, which means people living with the condition and non-profit organizations will be working hard to raise the profile of the disease.
MORE: The difficulty of having an invisible illness like lupus.
Lupus Awareness Day falls on May 10. This is a day when organizations reach out to governments around the world, asking them to increase funding for research and to provide better support and services for patients.
There are many ways you can help raise awareness of lupus, both in your own social circle and beyond. Here are a few suggestions from healthunlocked.com and the Lupus Foundation of America:
- Share information about lupus on social media platforms.
- Ask your local radio station to mention that it’s Lupus Awareness Month.
- Print out posters about Lupus Awareness Month to put at your workplace, college, or school.
- Host a fundraising event for a lupus charity.
- Take part in an organized event for lupus awareness.
- Donate money to a lupus organization.
- Wear purple and then tell people why you’re wearing the color of lupus.
- Become a source of information about living with the disease to your local newsroom and newspaper.
- Write to Congress and urge them to increase funding for lupus research and support.
- Participate in a clinical trial to help further research.
- Become a lupus activist by communicating with your local politician about lupus.
- Take part in a Walk to End Lupus Now event.
MORE: Sketching out the symptoms of lupus
Lupus News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.