5. What are the treatment options for lupus?
There are many categories of drugs physicians use to treat lupus. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved only a few specifically for lupus. They include:
- Corticosteroids, including prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisolone, and hydrocortisone
- Antimalarials, such as hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and chloroquine
- The monoclonal antibody belimumab (Benlysta)
- Acthar (repository corticotropin injection), which contains a naturally ocurring hormone called ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?