May is Lupus Awareness Month, which means people living with the condition and non-profit organizations will be working hard to raise the profile of the disease.
Lupus Awareness Day falls on May 10. This is a day when organizations reach out to governments around the world, asking them to increase funding for research and to provide better support and services for patients.
- Share information about lupus on social media platforms.
- Ask your local radio station to mention that it’s Lupus Awareness Month.
- Print out posters about Lupus Awareness Month to put at your workplace, college, or school.
- Host a fundraising event for a lupus charity.
- Take part in an organized event for lupus awareness.
- Donate money to a lupus organization.
- Wear purple and then tell people why you’re wearing the color of lupus.
- Become a source of information about living with the disease to your local newsroom and newspaper.
- Write to Congress and urge them to increase funding for lupus research and support.
- Participate in a clinical trial to help further research.
- Become a lupus activist by communicating with your local politician about lupus.
- Take part in a Walk to End Lupus Now event.
Lupus News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.